Skip to main content

@endofsocietyasweknowit

I know that I'm late to the party, but I'm thoroughly tired of Twitter (and I'm also late to the party on using the phrase "late to the party"). Apart from giving us 24/7 insights into the buying habits of our congressional leaders, it reinforces the misconception that every one of our random thoughts is worth broadcasting (note: but keep reading my blog).

People often ask me why I don't have an account. It's rather simple. My Twitter feed, like my tell all biography and sex tape, is raunchy, poignant and full of angry language towards the female cast of Glee, but it won't be relevant until I'm famous.

No one wants to hear the banal rants and ramblings of a nobody (sidenote: but keep reading my blog). A co-worker responded, "But being on Twitter is how you become famous." Not for the right reasons. Twitter is the online version of the E! Network or Bravo.

What kills me is when people talk about their tweets. Verbally retweeting, I believe is the proper parlance. "Did you see what I posted just now?" "Oh my god. I tweeted something just like that yesterday." "Check out my wall. Someone posted something hilarious." Don't get me wrong. I love self-reflexivity. For example: remember that post of mine about speaking about yourself in the third person?

I recently took a seminar at the airport Hilton to verse myself in Twitter jargon. Apparently “@” means that you are speaking to someone. So “@” now takes the place of “Hey you! Look over here!”

Even though I may not have a Twitter handle (mainly since some asshole has already taken @maxdavison. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!), I still have inane ramblings, puns and observations that border on being comprehensible. So in lieu of signing up for Satan's microblogger, here are all my would-be tweets at once. Transmitting online thoughts the old fashioned way: in a blog post. It's what sensible people do.

**********

Just saw "The Town." I think I managed to pick out the subtle director's cameo.

I thought that Angry Birds was the working title for the BBC's remake of Absolutely Fabulous. #Idon'thaveaniPhone

Hispanic Twang: Either my Mexican Bluegrass band or a new Food Network fusion show staring Aron Sanchez and Bobby Flay.

The Kentucky Dyslexia Foundation presents: Glue Brass.

Why must everything I love turn out to be a lesbian? #I'mStillNotOverAmberHeard

We need to start regulating candy sales so that strangers with creepy cars are limited to one bag of Snickers per day.

Simpsons/Spongebob crossover: Krabby Patty and Selma.

Don’t you hate observational humor?

Can you imagine if Rainman were Asian? He'd be the greatest math genius ever.

“This has more pretentious pop culture references than a Sheryl Crow song!” #FamilyGuyJokes

Urban Outfitters is about as urban as Keith Urban or Urban Meyer. #UrbanDoesn'tMean"Black"Anymore

Thank you, Twitter, for making the @ sign relevant again #abbreviations

Driving a mini-van is the automotive equivalent of wearing sweatpants to church.

New romantic comedy idea: Katherine Heigl gets waterboarded for 90 minutes.

Abel deserved it.

Say what you will about Ben Roethlisberger, but his last name is hard to spell and he’s a rapist.

Main reason there won’t be a black 007: Blames Bond and James Blond both sound stupid.

Scientists just discovered a new planet. Great. Something else that I’ll never see in my lifetime. #fuckyouNASA

Ephedrephrine: the fight or diet hormone.

Why has there never been a good scuba diving sex scene yet? I’m looking at you, James Cameron.

Snarf: the forgotten Pokemon

Pretending that she’s pregnant is not acceptable foreplay #thingsmyfatherneglectedtoteachme

I doubt even Joe Namath could get drunk enough to hit on Doris Burke.

Dostoyevskiing - forgoing a lift ticket due to the plight of the proletariat

@SarahKSilverman - Have you ever considered doing comedy for a change?

If you’re looking for ransom, I don’t have money. What I do have is a set #whyisthespeechfromTakentoolongtofitinasingletweet? #brevity

Back in my day, Pluto was a planet, the SATs were out of 1600, and Family Guy was relevant. #things I’ll tell my kids

Samoa Joe will be renamed Tagalong Joe if he ever joins the WWE

Exploding after ingesting a whole cow #ways that Paula Deen will die

Wait. Josh Duhamel wasn’t on Deadwood? Yeah right. And Tyler Perry wasn’t in “Big Mama’s House.”

I use a Venus razor and I’m proud of it. I also own the box set of the Gilmore Girls and have a vagina.

James II of England was the first to have a button down fly #sounds like it could be real

There’s no such thing as a six point basket #NBAJam lied to me

It’s not rocket surgery #stopsayingthis

What if aliens have a different name for our galaxy than “Milky Way?”

Why buy the muscle cow when you can get the Muscle Milk for half off at GNC? #I’m ashamed that I thought of this joke

Bruce Springsteen was a lot more entertaining before he started caring for his fellow man.

The three impressions done too often: Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson, and William F. Buckley Jr.

Big Papa SMERSH #there'sgottabeajokehere

I once made a bong out of an exercise ball. #justsaying

**********

Now tell me: is this honestly worth following? Exactly. Whether it's me, your brother, or that dude at Jamba Juice who once said something funny about Gingko Biloba boosts, it's just not worth the effort. So stop validating the common man's inflated sense of ego. Only established, meaningful celebs are allowed to give us updates on what they had for dinner and expect it to resonate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was labor day weekend, I was 17. I bought a coke and some gasoline.

It's currently day three of my blogging adventure, and David Delgado has still not accepted my challenge to get off of his lazy ass and start writing. This is why a hunger strike may be necessary. If Mr. Delgado does not cave in and post a new entry by the end of this week, then on November 14th, I, Max Davison, will officially pull a Ghandi and abstain from eating for as long as it takes. Homer Simpson also utilized this tactic when the Springfield Isotopes were planning on moving to Albuquerque. It worked then, and it will work now if necessary. Onto the blogging... I had a rather pleasant dinner at the Ath tonight. It was a class dinner for Prof. Busch's GOVT20 class. The highlights included conversations about the Ivory Coast, strange roommates, and (most importantly) they had some great cheesecake. So great, in fact, that we raided the empty tables to ensure ourselves some extra slices. Cheesecake. I love it. Occasionally, I'm not sure if I want cake or a dairy

25 October 2007 - I'm not sure what his appeal is, but he deserves better

Superman has kryptonite. Mike Tyson has Buster Douglas. Vince Young has grammar. We all have our weaknesses. But mine is a little bit more embarassing than any of the aforementioned (apart from VY's hatred of the present tense): dumb romantic comedies. Yes, it's not something that I like to admit and it's a vice probably better suited for the Probie or Sean Garrity , but I just like to sit down for an hour and a half, turn my brain off and watch two people fall in love. And apart from the Hanks/Ryan classics (which were ruined for me after Meg ditched Dennis Quaid for Cinderella Man ), there is one thread that links all of my favorites: Hugh Grant. I mean, just look at the guy. When he's not getting arrested for picking up hookers on Sunset (here's a better shot of the man), he's the epitome of the 90 minute romance. He's got "endearingly befuddled" down to an art form, he's also got perfect comedic timing and if you've ever seen hi

To forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race

So, I've decided to take a break from my James Joyce paper to talk about my candidate for President in 2008. He is a man of convictions. A man with a stellar record of military service. A man who knows how to get things done. A man who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty in order to set the world straight. A man who also has a talk show on FoxNews and frequents the Sean Hannity radio program. Col. Oliver North Argue with me if you dare. You'll lose. Do you want a strong leader like Colonel North or Hillary? That's right. I'm glad you see it my way. With that being said, I'll go back to my boy Stephen Dedalus. SERENITY NOW!!!!!